Friday, November 23, 2012

Barbequed Shrimp



No clue as to why this dish is named this, its not grilled nor slathered in BBQ sauce (I made this for my friend Claudia and she asked me why I forgot to buy the BBQ sauce).
Every time I make it I feel like Paula Deen cause it calls for a TON of butter, so its not in my normal food rotation. My dad always made this on special occasions when our arteries could handle it. It is a quite tasty so it’s a great dish for every once in a while.

2 Lbs of medium shrimp (shells left on)
1 ½ Lbs of butter (told you it was a lot)
1/3 Cup Worcestershire sauce
¼ Cup Lemon juice
3 Cloves of garlic finely minced
½  Medium onion chopped
2 stalks of celery chopped
2 Tbs Creole seasoning
2 Tbs Rosemary
Few dashes of hot sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large oven safe casserole dish add butter, onion, and celery. Place in oven for about 5 minutes, or until butter is melted.
Remove from oven and add the rest of the ingredients, stir and return to oven. Cook for 15 minutes or until shrimp have turned pink.
Serve in bowls topped with parsley along with a crusty style bread on the side to sop up all that BUUUTTERRRR *in my Paula Deen voice*

No comments:

Post a Comment